Sunday 6 November 2011

Beautiful Evening Light

View of St Oswins Church Wylam from Algernon Terrace

On my way home from the post office on Friday night there were the usual large groups of Jackdaws in the trees which line our street, waiting to make their nightly flight to the nearby fields and woodland at Close House. The sky was a lovely red colour and it struck me that with the church in the background it would make a great photo. Not having my camera with me, I went out at a similar time last night to try and capture the scene. Before I got to the perfect spot I made the mistake of using the twilight setting on the camera, which caused the flash to go off and all the jackdaws to fly out of the trees. This is the picture I ended up with.  Might have another go tonight. It is interesting to note what time the birds leave for the fields everyday. They swoop round in a large flock before flying east. They get slightly earlier every night until the solstice.

No comments:

Post a Comment